Our Impact - Boys & Girls Clubs of Hudson County
Our Clubhouses are located in Jersey City and Hoboken, in Hudson County, NJ. The County's child poverty rate at 26% is the highest in the State of New Jersey. Many families struggle to put food on the table, gain steady employment, or afford key essentials. Families face the difficult task of having to cut ‘extras’ from their budget, which can include after-school programs and college preparation outside of what school provides. In many cases, our members come to us having the desire to set and achieve goals but lacking the skills or support services needed to do so.
Our Clubs provide a critical solution to this problem by inspiring our kids, raising expectations, and providing opportunities for educational support to ensure that our kids can succeed, regardless of their life circumstances.
BGCHC By the Numbers
- Members Served Annually: 2,300+
- Our Club ADA (average daily attendance): 300+
- Hours of Educational Programming Offered Annually: 5,000+
- Healthy Meals Served to Youth Annually: 61,000+
- Community Service Hours Performed by Members: 3,000+
- Hours Members Spend in Homework Help Programming Annually: 10,000+
- Hours of Service by over 500 Volunteers from our community to our Club: 5,000+
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
CUSTOM MENU: Images and columns into header main menu submenu items
* This message is only visible in administrative mode